Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thanks to all who cared...

Sorry for the late updates.

Was recently buzying with loads of OTs. Weekend burned coz of OTs too. Haha!!!

Anyway,

Today...

OT as usual. But, while walking towards my engineer desk to put a drawing, i looked back at all the empty seats of my colleagues, and i chance upon a pinned up note.

I remember that, more then a month ago, Evelyn told me to walk over to read this note.

Coz, at that period of time when i'm down, when i don't even need to say a thing. My colleagues all knew something was wrong.

My never ending smiles, my cheerfulness and energy had all gone...

Thats when almost all my colleagues who're close, came approaching me one by one, day by day, asking me the same qns...

"Hey Derrick,你OK吗? 这几天你瘦了很多,会不会是工作还是压力的关系?"

I replied: 是吗?

Colleagues: 你这几天真的瘦的很夸张也很不健康吧,有运动吗?

I said: No. i'm fine, thanks.

I'd never wanted to be pity by anyone.
But its because they've been very persistant and kept asking me for more then a month. So, i broke it out to them.

They, showered me concern and asked me to join them for lunch, as i'm always seen eating alone most of the time, locking myself in my little world.

And today, after reading the pinned up note at Eve's Desk.

I remembered asking her to Type it out to me. Coz its not bad.

But to be frank, at that period of time, nothing seems to gets into my mind.

So i pretend to understand and showed greatfulness when she want me to read it.

But after reading it twice today. Words finally gets in.

*Listen, I know it's hard to believe people when they say "i know how you feel..."
But i actually know how you feel...

What i'm trying to say is, I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible.

And how it can actually ache in places that you didn't know you had inside you.

It doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get or gyms you join Or how many glasses of Chardonnay you drink with your friends.

You still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong, or how you could have misunderstood.

And how in the hell, for that moment, you could think that you were happy?
And sometimes you even convince yourself that she'll see the light and show up at your door.
And after all that, however long "all that" may be. You'll go somewhere new.
And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again.
And little pieces of your soul will finally come back.
And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted will eventually begin to fade.*

Abstracted from the movie "The Holiday"


Thou its abstracted from a movie.

I find it very good. Especially after understanding it now.

Thanks again Evelyn. If you're reading this. ^_^

So i wondered, does any of you understands it too?

Really very greatful to having a bunch of caring colleagues.

Of coz not forgetting my Family and Friends out there. ^_^

No comments: